Date posted: May 25, 2022
Location: Virginia Military Institute, Letcher Avenue, Lexington, VA, USA
The Assistant Coach reports to the Head Coach and is prepared to assist in the administration, supervision and development of the athletic program.
The assistant coach supports decisions made by the head coach and performs assigned tasks with a positive attitude.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit student-athletes to be outstanding caddies and outstanding contributors to the athletic program
- Knowledge of academic eligibility rules
- Supervise the progression of cadet-athletes towards a diploma
- Physical and mental preparation of cadet-athletes
- Proper instruction of sound techniques and playing strategies
- Knowledge and proper execution of safe practices associated with sports training
- Knowledge and proper execution of VMI, conference and NCAA rules
- Motivate cadet-athletes to excel on the field, in the classroom and in the Corps
- Work to improve coaches’ knowledge and ability to teach sport-related skills
- Work to understand the VMI system and be an advocate for the school
- Have an appreciation for VMI cadets, teachers and administrators
- Additional duties assigned by Head Coach
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Must possess the ability to recruit in Virginia and surrounding states;
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and ability to comply with NCAA, conference and institute rules and regulations.
How to register
Applicants must apply online. Assistant Swimming and Diving Coach – Part Time – Job Application
Please include resume, cover letter, official transcripts, and names and contact information for three professional references.
In an ongoing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunity to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.