- Several full-time and part-time positions available on a fixed and continuous basis
- Ability to provide a wide range of educational administrative and operational support to academic and teaching staff to support the processes of teaching activities
- Base salary of $78,077 – $87,420 + 17% superannuation
About the Opportunity
The University of Sydney is now ranked 38th in the world for the 2022 University Rankings, moving up 5 places from last year. The employability of our graduates is 1st in Australia and 4th in the world; our subject rankings in medicine are ranked 1st in Australia and 18th in the world.
As such, we are living in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to achieve the University’s ambitious strategic plan, we are seeking several Education Administration Officers join the education unit to support in our schools:
In this role, you will interpret, advise and implement relevant University policies and practices and assist academic, teaching and professional staff in the interpretation of general policies and other procedural matters related to support services at education.
This role may be required to travel between locations to support other work areas.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- support the implementation of program evaluation and enhancements for course curriculum by managing the program/subject evaluation process and adopting changes designed by the academic staff responsible for the program or study or topic
- liaise and establish effective working relationships with key personnel to ensure that the educational support, learning, program and teaching priorities and needs of the area of work are effectively met
- maintain relevant databases and contact lists to support learning and teaching activities, e.g., tutor/clinician/patient databases, patient actor contact details, etc.
- support the compilation of academic content and materials prepared by academic and teaching staff for print publication and upload to Canvas/online systems.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned with these values and seek Education Administration Officers who has:
- Effective and tactful communication skills (both verbal and written) along with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise initiative and exercise good judgment, as well as the ability to prioritize workload work during busy periods
- excellent time and workload management skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and achieve required results
- superior computer skills, including database maintenance, experience with Microsoft Officer (especially Excel) as well as experience operating large databases and enterprise-level information systems
- work experience in a tertiary or complex organization will be highly appreciated.
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which constitute our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship/work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase the participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documents) can be submitted through the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current University employee or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable accommodation or support in completing this application, please contact Esra YavuzcehreRecruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Click to view the job description for this role.
Sunday 05 June 2022 23:59