Title: Special Scientist (Administrative and Communication Assistant)
Number of positions: A 1)
Category: Full-time employment, one-year contract, with the possibility of two one-year renewals, depending on performance.
Workplace: University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus.
The Economics Research Center of the University of Cyprus would like to advertise one (1) full-time position of Special Scientist (Administrative and Communication Assistant), within the framework of the “SInnoPSis” project, funded by the Union Program European “Horizon 2020” for Research and Innovation, 2014 – 2020.
- University degree and master’s degree, preferably in communication, economics or other social sciences.
- Level of English close to the mother tongue, both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in office software, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Previous project management experience is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in grant writing is highly desirable.
- Previous relevant experience in a communications/events organization context is highly desirable.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- A very good knowledge of Greek is an asset.
- Integrity, professionalism, good judgment, responsibility, initiative and honesty.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES OF THE COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
The administrative and communication assistant will have the following responsibilities related to the European project “SInnoPSis”.
- Communication with local and international partners to help organize events, seminars, networking and all other activities concerning the project.
- Contribute to the drafting of deliverables to the European Commission, and to documents related to other research projects.
- Administrative support for the project (preparation of reports, preparation of time sheets, preparation and follow-up of payment orders, etc.)
- Contribution to the dissemination, exploitation and communication of the research results of the “SinnoPSis” project to the scientific community, political decision-makers and the general public.
The employment of the special scientist (administrative and communication assistant) will be on contract, under the supervision of the holder of the ERA chair, Zacharias Maniadis. The term of employment will initially be for one year, with the possibility of two one-year renewals, depending on performance. The monthly gross salary (including employee contributions) will be between €1,500 and €2,000 depending on merit and experience. There is no provision for the 13th salary.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
All applicants are requested to submit the following:
I. Complete CV in English (max 2 A4 pages)
ii. Two letters of recommendation related to relevant previous employment.
These documents must be sent by email to Elli Theodoulou and Professor Zacharias Maniadis at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before June 05, 2022.
At least the top three candidates who meet the required qualifications will be interviewed by a 3-member panel.
Candidates are informed of the outcome of their application by the competent entity.
The University of Cyprus collects and processes your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the General Personal Data Regulation 2016/679 (EU).