- Continuous full-time position (permanent)
- Located at our beachfront Gold Coast campus
- Compensation up to $166,761 including 17% super boss
Southern Cross University is a young, dynamic and rising institution of excellence committed to transforming tomorrow. Our revolutionary new education model brings a deeper learning experience, improving outcomes and quality of life for every student.
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, incredible and dedicated colleagues, and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbor and the Gold Coast and are proud to help shape a better future.
About the Opportunity
SCU College at Southern Cross University is one of six academic units of Southern Cross University (two colleges and four faculties) and is part of the portfolio of the Professional Vice-Chancellor (Academic Quality).
SCU College offers award, pre-degree and English language programs that provide pathways to university studies and can transform the lives of Australian and international students. The College is distinguished by its care for students and the highest quality of teaching supported by scholarships. The College focuses on developing academic and English skills often combined.
The Senior Lecturer/Speaker Pathway (Educational Researcher) will undertake student-centered teaching in the award and pre-degree programs as required, both face-to-face and online.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Provide student-centered teaching in scholarship and pre-degree programs as needed, both face-to-face and online
- Teach and lead math and science units in award programs and other pathway programs, e.g. English language, preparation for success, and transition to college, as they emerge
You will have an energetic and collegial approach and be passionate about teaching students and supporting student learning. More specifically, you will have:
- A Ph.D., teaching degree, and relevant experience in teaching math and science through scholarship programs and other pathway programs;
- Experience teaching on campus and online with a proven ability to effectively adapt contemporary instructional technologies.
The values of the University are integrity and collegiality. Alignment with these values, as well as the ability to actively contribute to the success of a team, are inherent requirements of the role.
Salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible working arrangements, including hybrid working models, generous parental and carer leave provisions, wellness initiatives, employee assistance programs and learning opportunities professional.
This position is:
- Full-time, continuous (permanent)
- Located in Gold Coast
- Academic level C or B:
- Tier C: Base salary ranges from $123,900 to $142,531 per year, plus 17% employer pension contribution. Total compensation can reach $166,761.
- Tier B: Base salary ranges from $101,544 to $120,179 per year, plus 17% employer pension contribution. The total compensation can reach $140,609.
To learn more about working at SCU, visit Why work at SCU.
Your expression of interest should include an up-to-date CV and a cover note describing your interest in the position and your suitability based on the selection criteria listed in the job description.
If you are having difficulty applying online or require reasonable adjustments at any time during the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting email@example.com
Applicants must be Australian or New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents or currently hold a visa with continued Australian employment rights. Employer visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Additional information is available in the job description or by contacting:
For more information on the role, please contact:
Last name: Associate Professor Suzi Syme
Call: 0429 984 301
Closing Date: 9:00 a.m. AEST, Friday, June 10, 2022
Southern Cross University is committed to diversity and social inclusion and aims to ensure equality in the recruitment of our staff. Applications are supported and encouraged by those who bring diversity to the University.
Together, we are transforming tomorrow.