- Full-time CDD until October 10, 2024
- Opportunity to provide administrative support to help classify research publications, administer internal grants, and provide continuity of service and advice to WFH staff and students
- Excellent secondment opportunity
- Base salary $72,234 + 17% retirement pension
About the Opportunity
the Research support assistant performs general administrative and clerical tasks, including data entry, drafting standard documents, maintaining records, updating web documents, and responding to routine queries. This role requires strong administrative and organizational skills in order to coordinate and undertake a range of day-to-day operational activities.
the Research support assistant is responsible for maintaining the research component of the WFH website, which includes up-to-date information about our researchers and their current research activities. The role will collect and classify research publications for display and reporting purposes; help administer internal grants and awards programs; and work closely with the Research Support Officer, Research Support Officers, and Research Administration Officers to provide continuity of service and guidance to WFH staff and students.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- help categorize posts for reporting purposes
- support the submission of accurate corporate data and the correction of data quality issues in systems such as IRMA and other faculty-based systems
- help researchers develop and maintain their academic profiles
- maintain records and reports for the research support unit
- assist in the organization of seminars, briefings and workshops
- assist with internal grants and award programs
- manage data entry, draft standard documents, maintain records, and update the WFH website, content, and supporting research materials
- Tertiary qualifications and/or exposure to academic and healthcare environments is highly desirable
- has experience using academic data management/entry systems and knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analysis methodologies
- has experience working in a research environment
- experience using Research Profile Management, Sydney Student, IRMA and Content Management System would be highly advantageous
- has experience in collecting data for eligible research publications under the Research Excellence for Australia (ERA)
- has good computer skills, including the Microsoft Office suite
- can demonstrate a high level of attention to detail in data entry processes
- possesses excellent written and oral communication skills and is able to prioritize workloads and problem solving as part of normal daily work.
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which constitute our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note that Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase the participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documents) can be submitted through the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current University employee or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable accommodation or support in completing this application, please contact Scott Walker Recruitment Operations, by email at email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Click to view the job description for this role.
Monday 09 May 2022 23:59