The National University of Singapore is inviting applications for a position of Research Assistant in the Department of Paediatrics, Yong Loo Lin Medical School. The department conducts both basic and clinical scientific research on a wide range of diseases. We excel in the areas of child development, allergy, nephrology, oncology and genetics.
To learn more about our department, research areas, and research facilities, please visit our websites at https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/paed/index.html and https://www.nuh. com.sg /our-services/Specialities/Paediatrics/Pages/default.aspx.
Appointments will be for 1 year initially on a contractual basis, with the possibility of extension.
The Research Assistant (RA) will work closely with several principal investigators and study team members to ensure the successful and timely completion of research projects. The primary role of the RA will include, but not be limited to, ethics enforcement and compliance, subject recruitment, data collection, data entry and analysis.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Research Assistant will liaise with relevant hospital staff to facilitate the process of subject recruitment and data collection and will report to the Principal Investigators (PIs) and Research Director.
The RA will:
- Supervise the general management of projects;
- Assist with administrative work related to the application of research ethics and provide administrative support to comply with board requirements.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to projects, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team and collaborating with study sites;
- Undertake day-to-day project management at the study site, e.g. Collaborate with team members at study sites, recruitment, data collection at participants’ hospitals/homes;
- Perform literature searches, use SPSS to enter data, analyze data and maintain a database of trials, as well as help prepare progress and final reports for projects.
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with laws, policies and procedures;
- Participate in any other task of a similar nature delegated by the PIs or the research director.
The applicant must:
- have at least a first degree in life sciences, medicine, nursing or related disciplines with good results;
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative spirit, have an eye for detail;
- have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. SPSS, MS office
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Inquiries are welcome and should be directed to Mr. Liu Deliang at email@example.com.
Official request: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, together with a detailed CV (including personal data, academic and professional background, full list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of at least 2 referrers on this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates are notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities, and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. . Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/audience members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence will be required.
Considering the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone on campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to gain successful employment with NUS .
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Pediatrics
Eligible Employee Referral: Nope
Job Application ID: 16884