Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their basic needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. More info: www.hi.org
HI is committed to an employment policy in favor of people with disabilities.
Under the responsibility of the Program Director and in collaboration with the Operations Manager and Technical Specialists HQ Protection and MHPSS, you will contribute to the implementation of the mandate and ten-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion in Ethiopia. You ensure optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in the country, thanks to a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. You share with all HI managers the responsibility for the successful functioning of the global organization, through paradigm shifts.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Support the program to develop its strategy, particularly in terms of protection and MHPSS intervention and contribute more broadly to the HI Health and Protection strategy in the country.
- You are responsible for technical support and regular monitoring (quality assurance) of HI and MHPSS protection activities in the country (direct service delivery as well as health system strengthening activities);
- Supervise the development and adaptation of technical material aimed at building the capacity of HI staff and partners, through face-to-face or remote training and coaching;
- You are responsible for developing the capacity of the Country Protection/MSPSS Technical Field Officer to the Technical Field Specialist.
Coordinate with other MHPSS and Protection actors and represent HI internally and externally, whenever necessary.
YOUR MISSION :
- Business development
- You hold a university degree (Masters level or equivalent) in social work, mental health, psychology or a related field from a recognized university or academic institute
- At least 4 years of professional field experience in the field of Protection and MHPSS for an INGO
- You have a perfect knowledge of at least one Protection profession as well as the MHPSS
- You are fluent in English
- You have experience in participating in humanitarian coordination mechanisms, in particular the protection/health cluster
- You like to work in a team/network
At HI, the conditions offered are commensurate with your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
6 months renewable mission
International contract from mid-June 2022
The international contract offers you social security coverage adapted to your situation:
- Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
- Pension plan adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension plan, HI will contribute up to your monthly personal contribution with a maximum of €272.53/month; If you do not have a personal pension plan, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of €272.53/month and an HI contribution of the same amount
- Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
- Repatriation insurance paid by HI
Salary from 2448€ gross/month depending on experience
Perdiem: €547.61 net/month – paid in the field
Paid leave: 25 days per year;
R&R: depending on the level of the mission Level 1: 1 day per month
- Payment of travel expenses (plane ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects (from 12 months of assignment) – Assignment of more than 12 months: a family allowance of €100 per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
open to couples
Support for travel expenses (plane ticket & visa) of the accompanying dependent and health insurance/repatriation if the dependent has no income/
- Accommodation: individual paid for by HI
If you live in the country: local package
How to register
Only online by attaching a CV and a cover letter via the following link:
Applications will be processed continuously, do not wait to apply!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.