- Permanent full-time position
- Provide media and communications advice and support to Brain and Mind Center researchers and management
- $89,000 – $96,000 + 17% superannuation
About the Opportunity
As the Project communication officer, you will provide high-level communications advice and support to Brain and Mind Center (BMC) researchers and management. You will design and lead an associated coordinated media strategy, including social media, media, and internal and external strategic communications.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- manage BMC social media accounts
- support the implementation of BMC’s stakeholder engagement and communication strategies
- coordinate responses to inquiries and correspondence for BMC’s Administrative Services Unit and BMC Executive
- support the delivery of BMC events
- assist in the implementation and delivery of BMC education and research strategies
- maintain excellent working relationships and collaboration with relevant stakeholders across the University and within the BMC
- Advanced degree in a relevant field and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- experience managing multiple social media accounts across a variety of channels
- experience using website content management systems and website maintenance
- experience using content design software solutions, such as Canva or Indesign
- excellent written communication skills, including the ability to draft effective correspondence and other materials for a variety of audiences
- experience managing and facilitating all aspects of events and meetings
- high-level customer service and stakeholder management skills.
Please see the bottom of the ad for how to apply.
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which constitute our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase the participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
Please include a resume and cover letter that meets the criteria in the “About You” section of the advert.
Applications (including cover letter, CV and task) can be submitted through the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current University employee or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable accommodation or support in completing this application, please contact Rachel Strong, Recruitment Operations, on 02 8627 7612 or email rachel.strong@ sydney.edu.au
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Click to view the job description for this role.
Sunday, May 29, 2022 11:59 PM