- Full-time, fixed-term position until 01/06/2023
- Providing patient care at the University of Sydney Health Service, located in the university’s Wentworth Building
- Salary $89,759 – $96,764 + 17% retirement pension
About the Opportunity
As a Nurse Practitioner, you will provide clinical care to patients accessing the University of Sydney University Health Service (UHS).
UHS is a student support service that can also be used by University staff, their families, and employees of other organizations working on campus. It includes 12 general practitioners, two qualified nurses, a clinical psychologist and five administrative and reception staff.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- provide clinical nursing care in general practice
- administer vaccines/immunizations to patients
- respond to patient inquiries, including informing patients of diagnostic results
- assist general practitioners as needed
- monitor and maintain inventory and orders, including vaccine orders
- responsible for ensuring clinical equipment.
- registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse
- work experience as a nurse in an Australian GP practice
- experience working with patients of all ages
- able to work with maturity, tact, discretion and empathy
- an interest in mental health will be favorable.
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which constitute our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship/work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including the termination of your employment.
As this position is located on a NSW Health site, it is mandatory to complete the mandatory employment checks before commencing in this position. For more information and instructions, please visit: NSW Health Job Requirements
This position is designated as involving work related to children. To undertake or retain this position, you must apply and obtain a Working with Children Check Permission in accordance with Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase the participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documents) can be submitted through the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current University employee or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable accommodation or support in completing this application, please contact Mouhamed El Chami Recruitment Operations by email at Mouhamed.email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Click to view the job description for this role.
Sunday, June 12, 2022 11:59 PM