Night Shift Brewing is growing and is looking for a dedicated Packing Assistant to join our powerful production team. This role is a GREAT opportunity for anyone interested in craft beer, brewing or the craft beverage industry. Learn about the brewing process from start to finish, learn about the industry, and play a key role in getting our products out of our production facility and into the hands of consumers.
The Packing Assistant role is responsible for a myriad of packing responsibilities, from packing cases and finished cans to cleaning kegs and draft beer. They work directly with the packaging manager to complete daily tasks in a timely manner and modify the plan if something goes wrong. This is the last step in the brewing process, so this role is key to getting the highest quality beer into the hands of the customer.
- Palletization of finished cases of 12 packs and 4 packs of cans
- Record the daily number of packages by brand and type of packaging, both in paper form and online
- Filling various packaging materials (PakTechs, 12-pack cartons, lids, cans)
- Occasionally clean the canning line, following written SOPs
- Packaging and storage of finished pallets in the drive in cooler
- Barrel cleaning
- Cleaning keg filling equipment
- Filling of kegs
- General maintenance and cleanliness of packing areas after packing cycles are completed
- Other assigned duties
Experience & Skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Forklift experience is a plus
- Focus on safety
- Must be 21+
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or be able to provide documentation to obtain a religious or medical exemption
Working conditions and requirements
This role is performed in a manufacturing environment. So the conditions will be:
- Hot and humid or cold
You are expected to be on your feet for the duration of your shift. Ability to lift, push and pull up to 55 lbs by hand and up to 1,440 lbs with a pallet jack is essential.
As an employee of Night Shift Brewing, Packing Assistants will earn up to $19/hr, depending on experience. Benefits include health and dental insurance, generous paid time off, 401(k) participation, beer/merchandise credits, and more!
About the night shift
Night Shift Brewing began as a nighttime hobby for three homebrew-obsessed friends in 2012 in the kitchen of a small apartment in Somerville, MA. Since then, Night Shift has grown beyond our wildest dreams. From our state-of-the-art brewing space and Taproom in Everett, to our first restaurant in Lovejoy Wharf, to starting our own distribution company and beyond, the motto “craft better” is at the heart of everything we do. . Our goal is to provide a wide variety of craft beverages – from beer to seltzer, wine, coffee and other non-alcoholic beverages, we celebrate being a craft beverage supplier where “all styles are welcome”.
Night Shift Brewing prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. We invite all candidates who believe they meet the minimum requirements of the available positions, with or without reasonable accommodation, to apply.