Job Title: Monitoring and assessment officer
Status: Contract with possibility of extension
Hours: Full time
Working hours: Day, evening and weekend hours
Ability to travel and attend weekends, early morning and evening meetings/events required
Working environment: Guyana (Regions 1-6)
Reporting directly to the IDRF Country Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation will work with IDRF partners to collect and analyze data in Guyana. The scope of work is to lead the global database and core data development and monitor the progress of IDRF’s new mental health initiative in Guyana. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will lead all data analysis and evaluation work and share key learnings with all stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
Technical direction : Provide technical expertise and lead the ongoing development of a robust MEAL strategy that informs ongoing program design, data analysis, strategic planning, work plans, annual reports, and other critical project components . staff, with the resources, training and skills needed to effectively implement the MEAL approach in the project areas.
Evaluation: Lead the design of baseline, mid-term and final evaluations, coordinate reporting, and design and implement activities to improve understanding of the impact and gaps of project activities and results.
- Establish program evaluation plans and activities to support effective decision-making and inform strategic planning
- Ensure the evaluation of projects in the field, providing methodologies and technical advice to review and comment on evaluation reports submitted by project beneficiaries and partners.
- Facilitate baseline, mid-term and final evaluations in line with project objectives and targets.
- Design, recommend and implement assessment and learning tools, forms and processes to ensure alignment with our Theory of Change.
- Ensure that Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) standards and guidelines are aligned with results-based management (RBM) best practices, across the mental health project of the IDRF in Guyana.
- Work with the IDRF Programs team to design and implement evaluation and learning systems, tools and collection processes that support the completion of the IDRF Annual Report.
- Support the implementation of program key performance indicators for data collection and monitoring purposes.
- Ensure high quality of related data collection
- Facilitate and serve as project liaison for all externally managed evaluations
- Facilitate discussion to share best practices and learnings within and between organizations and partners and key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in international development, rural studies, social sciences, economics or other related disciplines, with a focus on monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
- 5+ years of experience in monitoring, evaluating and learning from sustainability projects, you have a demonstrated track record of designing and implementing successful MEAL initiatives, including innovative, participatory approaches and gender sensitive
- you have excellent skills in analyzing qualitative and quantitative data;
- you have the proven ability to develop and implement appropriate activities to promote project learning and change;
- You are familiar with Global Affairs Canada’s approach to capacity development, MEAL and related reporting requirements;
- you have experience in design thinking and are passionate about learning strategies and facilitation;
- you have great attention to detail and are also able to think and plan strategically;
- you are an effective communicator with excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Training in monitoring and evaluation would be an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of donor MEAL requirements and guidelines.
- 3+ years of relevant practical experience in development and humanitarian contexts in a MEAL position responsible for implementing, in particular, evaluation and learning activities of international development projects.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Office365 preferred).
- Knowledge of major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed and impact).
- Experience with tools to aggregate data and automate data analysis
- Experience in results-based management and performance measurement, including developing results chain frameworks, selecting indicators, setting targets, data collection, analysis, reporting, database management and development of M&E systems.
- Strong analytical skills for document synthesis, assessments and preparation of presentations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to register
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@idrf.ca and mention the name of the position in the subject of your email: (Guyana Monitoring and Evaluation Officer).