- Help the marketing team develop high quality marketing and communications
- Located at Dubbo School of Rural Health
- Part-time 0.6 FTE fixed term until December 31, 2024 with base salary of $73,751 (pro-rated) + 17% superannuation
About the Opportunity
The Faculty of Medicine and Health is the largest faculty of the University and comprises seven academic schools. The Sydney Medical School is one of them and includes metropolitan and rural clinical schools including the Rural Health School (Dubbo/Orange).
The School of Rural Health (SRH) has been providing long-term rural placements to 3rd and 4th year medical students at the University of Sydney in Orange and Dubbo for over 15 years. In 2022, the University of Sydney began offering its four-year Doctor of Medicine (MD) program in two streams; a metropolitan stream based at the university’s Camperdown campus in Sydney and a Dubbo stream based at the School of Rural Health in Dubbo.
As the Marketing Assistant – Rural Programsyou will support the marketing team to improve the quality and effectiveness of marketing and communications, and to strengthen the image of the school in the relevant communities, including marketing, branding and communications campaigns/projects at the within the School of Rural Health (Dubbo/Orange).
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their skills and start their career in marketing, social media or design.
This position is located in Dubbo. Travel between Dubbo and Orange is a requirement of this position, therefore a driver’s license is required. Dubbo, NSW is a vibrant regional center that offers the benefits of space and a relatively laid-back lifestyle with the conveniences of a big city. Home to the indigenous people of the Wiradjuri Nation, Dubbo connects and serves a vast population of 120,000 people in the Orana region and offers daily flights to a number of regional and metropolitan centres. For more information on Dubbo and the surrounding area, see https://dubbo.com.au/.
Occasional work outside working hours and regular manual handling duties are also required for this role.
This position has been designated for Aborigines and Torres Strait Islanders only under the provisions of Section 126 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW). The University of Sydney supports and promotes the participation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people at all levels of study, work and research. It is an essential part of our purpose as a university.
Your main responsibilities will be to support:
- the marketing and communications manager in their portfolio area
- production and distribution of highly professional promotional material and features in a variety of media
- the School’s social media platforms
- internal communications.
- evidence of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent
- experience in advertising, promotion or advertising campaigns
- experience preparing social media content and communications materials to high professional standards
- demonstrated knowledge and experience of social media platforms, graphic design software and technology, photography, writing and editing
- the ability to adapt to a changing and evolving work environment to meet the demands of school and university
- demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with internal staff and with external agencies to support the development and implementation of advertising activities
- skills in the use of information technology, including e-mail, Internet, intranet, databases and experience with the Microsoft Office suite or Microsoft 365
- current driver’s license.
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which constitute our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase the participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
If you are a current University employee or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Tuana Sanders, Head of Administration, by email at email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Click to view the job description for this role.
Sunday, October 16, 2022 11:59 PM