Location: Melbourne, CBD
Type of employment: Full time
Duration: 2 year CDD
Remuneration: $83,901 – $90,561 per year HEW Level 06 (plus 17% employer superannuation)
Monash encourages applications from regional and rural locals as well as those based in the city center and will support flexible and remote working arrangements for this position.
- Be inspired, everyday
- Enjoy the freedom to experience something new
- Lead your career in exciting and rewarding directions
There is a certain feeling you get from working at Monash University. It’s the feeling that you are part of something special. Something important. So if you’re looking for the next chapter in your career, it’s here. You will have the opportunity to challenge yourself, develop your skills and make a meaningful contribution to a workplace full of energetic and inspiring people. Talent thrives here, as do truly satisfying careers.
Multiple opportunities have become available for those enthusiastic and motivated to join Monash Education Academy as a Learning Designer. The Learning Designer will work collaboratively as part of a team to support academics, instructional designers and other staff to create and create rich and dynamic, student-centered learning activities and resources , for on-campus and online environments. The learning designer will create learning activities within the learning management system and/or using other educational technologies used at the University.
The role will include:
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on the development and delivery of resources in units or other programs, provide advice on the design and construction of learning resources and other materials, and publish content and media assets in the University’s learning and content management systems
- Work with stakeholders to design, create, edit and publish physical and virtual learning materials, including electronic publications, videos, photos, interactive materials, written and graphic materials for use at the University
- Provide support to the CVED portfolio in key strategic priorities and develop and publish education/teaching and learning resources, including modules, web pages and multimedia elements
- Ensure compliance with relevant standards including privacy legislation, ESOS regulations, W3C web publishing standards, guidelines and accessibility requirements
The successful incumbent will have a degree with experience and expertise in the production of learning materials, or extensive relevant experience and specialized expertise or extensive knowledge in technical or administrative areas of higher education.
If you think you can meet these requirements, we strongly encourage you to apply.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible work arrangements and locations can be negotiated.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organization. Some positions at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid certificate of working with children.
If you are experienced and excited about this opportunity, we want to hear from you.
To apply, simply submit your CV and answer the 3 brief questions in the application form (answers to key selection criteria are not required at this time).
In the context of COVID-19, the University is required to comply with various health directives issued from time to time by the Chief Medical Officer of Health. Further information regarding vaccination requirements and Monash University’s obligations to collect, record and maintain employee vaccination information is available at Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Victoria, please select mandatory COVID-19 vaccination instructions (workers).
Email your request to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you
Applicants will be reviewed and interviewed upon receipt