Joining a global royalties team within Kobalt Music’s publishing department, the primary role of the Royalty Processing Assistant will be to support the team in the end-to-end processing of revenue received for our clients in the territories. of Latin America (LATAM).
To succeed in this role, you must have a detail-oriented mindset and be comfortable with repetitive and data-intensive tasks. You will also be working in a very fast-paced, deadline-driven area of the business. You must therefore be able to remain optimistic and persistent when following up on outstanding queries and have a high level of decision-making confidence in the face of difficult challenges such as investigating data issues. Additionally, working across multiple areas of the business liaising with key stakeholders in our US and UK offices requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
It’s a new role and a fantastic opportunity to be part of the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for songwriters and publishers with the technology infrastructure to better track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today. today.
WHAT DOES A ROYALTY PROCESSING ASSISTANT DO AT KOBALT?
- Download and process large datasets (royalty statements) from record labels and digital service providers such as streaming platform territories in Latin America
- Investigate payment discrepancies and any data or statement issues and work closely with the Revenue Tracking team on revenue assurance related tasks
- Partner and liaise with payers to obtain complete and accurate processing data as well as collection companies and record labels to improve statement data
- Provide support to all global team members and take on ad hoc tasks and projects as needed
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Fluency in Spanish and English is essential along with excellent communication skills
- You must have strong digital skills, with excellent organizational and prioritization skills and a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous experience in a relevant field from an internship or other work experience is a plus, but you should ideally have a good understanding of and interest in music publishing and in particular music data and royalties
- You must be efficient with Microsoft Office and Google, especially with Microsoft Excel
- Most importantly, you must have a detail-oriented mindset and be proactive with a positive approach and an ability to work independently while being a team player.
What the team members are saying
“Working for Kobalt is always exciting as our roster keeps growing and we represent a very important part of the music industry. from around the world to achieve our common goal of ensuring our writers are paid promptly and accurately – Assistant Director, Royalty Processing
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt, we are Music First, Transparent, Tech Powered and Transformative. We are Creatives. Our innovative services and technologies have transformed the music industry into a fairer and more rewarding place for artists. Some of the biggest names in the world such as Foo Fighters, Phoebe Bridgers, Ozuna, Paul McCartney, Karol G, Young Thug, Kali Uchis, FINNEAS and Andrew Watt trust us, and account for over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums. in the US and UK, Kobalt is dedicated to inclusiveness and providing the resources and benefits needed to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages and professional development opportunities, and advocate an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not only fun, but also rewarding.