- Join a university that transforms tomorrow, today
- Continuous (permanent) full-time opportunity
- Flexible and inclusive work environment with generous compensation and benefits
Southern Cross University is a young, dynamic and rising institution of excellence committed to transforming tomorrow. Our revolutionary new education model brings a deeper learning experience, improving outcomes and quality of life for every student.
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, incredible and dedicated colleagues, and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbor and the Gold Coast and are proud to help shape a better future.
About the Opportunity
Southern Cross University is seeking a financial partner to support the University’s strategic goals and directions by providing financial analysis and advice on all aspects of financial performance and management.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Provide expert financial advice that operationalizes strategic objectives for Executive Deans, Heads of Work Units and/or Budget Owners.
- Manage the financial planning cycles of the respective work units to optimize financial results for their clients and the University as a whole.
- Build and develop strong projections, for both budget and forecast, using in-depth technical knowledge of clients’ strategic objectives.
You will have a collegial approach and be committed to providing exceptional customer service. Your strong interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills will be used to build effective relationships with your internal customers. More specifically, you will have:
- A relevant degree and current membership or eligibility for membership with CPA Australia or CAANZ, and a minimum of three years of relevant accounting experience, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to provide financial advice and financial performance information to executives and senior management.
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning, reporting and analysis using a range of financial systems, including enterprise resource planning and business intelligence systems.
The values of the University are integrity and collegiality. Alignment with these values, as well as the ability to actively contribute to the success of a team, are inherent requirements of the role.
Salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible working arrangements, including hybrid working models, generous parental and carer leave provisions, wellness initiatives, employee assistance programs and learning opportunities professional. This position is:
- Full time, continuous
- Located in Gold Coast or Lismore. Generous relocation assistance available
- HEW Level 7. Base salary ranges from $96,088 to $104,376 per year, plus 17% employer contribution to superannuation. The total compensation can reach $122,119.
To learn more about working at SCU, visit Why work at SCU.
Candidates must apply online and provide answers to the selection criteria in the job description before the closing date. Information to help you prepare your application is available on our website. If you are having difficulty applying online or require reasonable adjustments at any time during the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job applicants must be Australian or New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents or currently hold a visa with permanent Australian work rights. Employer visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Additional information is available in the job description or by contacting:
For more information on the role, please contact:
Last name: Mr. Marcel de Bruin, Business Partners Finance Manager
Call: 0415 534 764
Closing Date: 9:00 a.m. AEST, Friday, June 17, 2022
Southern Cross University is committed to diversity and social inclusion and aims to ensure equality in the recruitment of our staff. Applications are supported and encouraged by those who bring diversity to the University.
Together, we are transforming tomorrow.