- Permanent full-time position
- Exciting opportunity to join the University facilities team
- Base salary $127,176 + 17% retirement pension
About the Opportunity
This facilities supervisor is responsible for the management and operation of assigned academic facilities and ensures that they operate to optimum requirements and specifications to support academic endeavors and research outcomes. This role will report to a Senior Facilities Manager. The Facilities Supervisor will have detailed knowledge of all activities (maintenance, minor works projects and services) provided at the facilities and will ensure that the services within these facilities are at their optimum level.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- manage buildings from a holistic perspective of building infrastructure, services and structure within agreed budgets while aligning with key stakeholder expectations
- management of hardware and software services, management of subcontractors
- ensure that building engineering services are provided by an external service provider and perform required contractor management where applicable
- meet regularly with University stakeholders to determine their infrastructure needs and manage their expectations
- work collaboratively with the central operations team, including senior project managers
- contribute significantly to the development of maintenance programs and major minor capital works to ensure that these are carried out with minimum disruption to stakeholders
- support the technical team in the management of requests for preventive, corrective and reactive work
- manage resources and improve the quality of work, including coordination of activities, budgets, facilities and other resources
- extensive experience in facility management
- experience working in a cross-functional team environment
- knowledge and experience working with capital, infrastructure and development projects
- significant experience in facility management and building engineering
- strong experience in subcontracting management
- .available on call and to work scheduled evenings
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which constitute our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase the participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documents) can be submitted through the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current University employee or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable accommodation or support in completing this application, please contact Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations, via email at email@example.com. to
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Click to view the job description for this role.
Sunday 05 June 2022 23:59