- 3-year full-time CDD located on the Camperdown campus at the #2 ranked School of Veterinary Science in the Southern Hemisphere and #22 in the world
- Opportunity to provide frontline customer service to Veterinary Education Center clients
- HEO4 base salary, $72,000 – $76,000 per year, + 17% superannuation
About the Opportunity
Are you an excellent communicator with a great sense of organization and a passion for customer service? The Center for Veterinary Education (within the Sydney School of Veterinary Science) could have the role you are looking for. Answering questions, exploring issues and finding solutions for our members (veterinarians and associate professionals), our customer support agents have strong administrative skills and are welcoming and helpful in their verbal and written interactions. As a member-based organization providing continuing education to thousands of veterinarians and related professions, the Center for Veterinary Education prides itself on providing a positive customer experience.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- provide operational support and resolution of requests to CVE stakeholders, in particular tutors, members and customers
- Promote the CVE portfolio in your interactions and maintain current and accurate knowledge of CVE products and services
- provide event support for the CVE
- Coordinate the management of payments and invoices for CVE tutors and vendors.
- maintain the membership database.
Reporting to the Director of Business Services, the Client Service Officer is part of a small team providing administrative support to the CVE. As the first point of contact for the CVE, this role requires strong administrative, communication and organizational skills to coordinate and undertake a range of operational activities.
The Sydney School of Veterinary Science at the University of Sydney is ranked second in the Southern Hemisphere and 22nd in the world among veterinary faculties (QS ranking 2021). In terms of research, the faculty is Australia’s top-ranked veterinary school (ERA 5/5). The School of Veterinary Sciences educates students and conducts research in veterinary and related sciences.
To find out more about the Sydney School of Veterinary Science click here and Veterinary Education Center click here
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned with these values and are looking for a Customer Service Agent who has:
- a Certificate III in Business Administration or equivalent with relevant experience in customer support and office administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service
- strong problem solving and relationship building skills
- proven interpersonal skills and ability to work as an integrated member of a team.
- strong Office 365 skills and working knowledge of learning and engagement management systems
- experience in the veterinary profession favorably appreciated.
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which constitute our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase the participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documents) can be submitted through the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current University employee or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable accommodation or support in completing this application, please contact Helen Efstathiou, Recruitment Consultant. Recruitment Operations, Human Resources on +61 2 8627 7137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Click to view the job description for this role.
Wednesday 08 June 2022 23:59