Polyarts is an ambitious boutique management agency, successfully representing artists and projects at the forefront of contemporary music (pop, jazz, electro), film, games, visual arts, technology and news. classical music.
We represent visionary artists whose commitment to developing new music and art knows no boundaries in an effort to reach and build new and younger audiences.
Polyarts has a no-size-fits-all approach to talent management. Our dedicated and knowledgeable team has created a home for artists who dare to be curious through unique genre or art-mixing careers.
We are constantly adapting to the rapidly changing musical climate around us, exploring new ideas and current trends. Our highly motivated and flexible team successfully develops and implements innovative projects around the world.
Polyarts is part of the HarrisonParrott group.
Purpose of the position
You will be a highly effective and efficient administrator capable of ensuring accurate, timely and detailed planning and delivery of international engagements (concerts, tours and recording activities) for a number of Polyarts artists and their projects.
There will be a creative approach needed for this role and all roles within Polyarts, who work in a 360 management style covering all aspects of an artist’s career.
Your role will include managing engagement and project contracts, managing artist travel, accommodation and logistics, as well as managing marketing and press materials relating to artist and project records. , liaising with record labels and other clients to meet deadlines and ensure internal administrative processes are followed. In addition to this, some diary management skills will be required, working with the Associate Director and CEO and occasionally handling meeting organization and scoring.
The goal is to become a project, operations and artist manager within Polyarts.
Polyarts CEO, Polyarts Associate Directors and Production Managers, HP Marketing Director, Artist Coordinators, HP Finance Team, HP Legal Team
Contracts and administration:
- Assist in the administration of a range of artist contracts including, but not limited to, engagement contracts, recording and broadcast contracts for events and digital media, sponsorship, project contracts and all Letters of Agreement and Memorandums of Understanding relating to the above
- Work with senior executives to create contracts for new purposes
- Arrange domestic and international travel and accommodation for performers (and accompanying tour and guest performers, if applicable), arrange for any necessary local transportation, such as airport pick-up, transfers between hotel and venue.
- Liaise with international travel agencies that process sensitive and important travel-related documents (passport, frequent traveler statuses, TSA checks, etc.).
- Manage all baggage (ordinary and extraordinary) related to a variety of projects, in collaboration with internal and local tour managers
- Liaise internally with each artist’s management regarding travel and accommodations for each event and adhere to special instructions from artists
Administration of artists:
- Gather and complete/update recording information on dates, locations, fees, rehearsal and concert times on internal company log systems.
- Maintain artist/project onboarding and technical endorsements – ensuring all aspects are delivered for each engagement.
- Ensure that financial information on client log systems is maintained (including amounts to be billed to Sponsor for travel and accommodation) and ongoing fee negotiations are tracked in a timely manner.
- Review promoter invoices and monthly commission statements to ensure they are correct and complete.
- Liaise with Promoters and HP Accounts regarding Social Security payments, tax exemptions and withholding provisions.
- Process incoming royalty statements and other correspondence relating to incoming funds.
- Track and ensure timely payment of client fees and verify deductions for taxes, social security, etc. by promoters.
- Assist clients in completing tax returns by providing full and complete details, liaising with accountants, etc.
- Help maintain the relationship with artists/clients, including attending rehearsals and performances as needed and communicating regularly in writing and by phone with the artist.
- Gather and formulate reports and schedules for record companies, etc.
- Assist the CEO and other managers in general, as needed
- Support management with briefings and packs for sales purposes.
- 25 days of paid leave per year (prorated) in addition to legal holidays and public holidays. 5 of these days are to be taken during the office closing period in December.
- Company pension scheme.
- Annual ticket allocation for HarrisonParrott Artist Events.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- In addition, residents of Somerset House enjoy the following benefits: I love Covent Garden Card, Northbank Privilege Card, corporate rate at Waldorf Fitness First, community membership rates at King’s College Gyms, Covent Garden Physio – Introductory Rate: 10% discount
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a copy of your CV, the completed application form and the equal opportunities form. Forms are available on our website at https://www.harrisonparrott.com/jobs.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 15 May 2022. Please note: We will review applications as received, for this reason the role may close earlier.
Interviews can take place via Zoom, Teams or in person.
To be successful in this role, you must possess strong organizational skills, be a highly resilient team player, adaptable to constant change and able to prioritize competing demands in a dynamic and challenging environment. The ability to work under tight deadlines, remain calm under pressure and focus on solutions is essential.
Demonstrating that you are a good team player with knowledge and passion for classical music management will provide a distinct advantage.
Skills and experience
- High level of precision, attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritize many varied tasks with multiple deadlines.
- Be fast, efficient and able to work under pressure
- Competence in contract management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Experience in a relevant and related area of the classical music industry and/or in a dynamic customer service environment (in travel, arts, government, legal environments).
- Experience in planning and organizing major trips.
- Experience in handling international visa applications
- PA Experience
- Working knowledge of at least one additional modern language (fluency in German will be a particular advantage)
- Good knowledge and active interest in music
- At least an undergraduate degree