The successful candidate will be awarded the contract to serve as the Communications Coordinator for the Diocesan Bishop. This involves supporting missions directly related to the bishop’s pastoral, sacramental, and missionary ministries, coordinating with diocesan staff, and exercising a high degree of discretion and initiative when communicating our story.
This hybrid position will work closely with ordained clergy, lay staff, and volunteers across the diocese supporting particular ministries related to the overall mission of the Diocese of Springfield, The Episcopal Church USA, and the Anglican Communion. world.
Additionally, the candidate will be able to articulate the principles of liturgical worship in The Episcopal Church and have an evangelistic perspective to promote the Diocese of Springfield and its mission to those who constitute its churches and others. of the. The candidate must also balance public relations mindfulness and opportunity.
The Diocese of Springfield is an equal opportunity employer while the bishop’s office establishes and maintains relationships with others based on the baptismal covenant of the Church.
Please send a cover letter and CV by August 19, 2022 To: Reverend Canon Mark Evans
Reports to the Diocesan Bishop
Working hours; Contract position – Working hours negotiable on offer
Occasional work outside working hours and on weekends (diocesan synod and other diocesan events)
Coordinate content, design and edit diocesan newsletters (print and web). Act as point of contact for printer/mail house.
Maintain and monitor diocesan social media channels, coordinate and create content, manage responses and messages as appropriate
Maintain and monitor the Diocesan website and implement daily changes. Support the Eucharistic Communities website and social media, as needed.
Coordinate with the Executive Assistant on database management, ensuring mailing lists are up to date.
Support the diocesan archivist regarding digital documents
Support diocesan boards, ministries, and committees with communications materials (mailings, social media, etc.) as requested
Rebroadcast National Church and National Ministries news at the request of the Bishop, Canon, Diocesan Ministries Officers, and Chair of the Standing Committee
Maintain cloud-based media storage (Vimeo, Flickr). Build and maintain a database of diocesan photos that can be used for ministries, promotional materials, etc. Coordinate occasional photography as needed.
Serve as point of contact for press and media inquiries and materials, working with the bishop and executive assistant.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 360 and advanced office machines
- Proficiency in enterprise level database and communication software: Breeze, Constant Contact, WordPress or equivalent
- Proficiency in social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Mastery of video and photo editing platforms (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to maintain a high level of respect for visitors and those who represent the diocese
- Balance and prioritize a high level of tasks within strict deadlines
- Perform other duties assigned by the bishop or canon
- Five years of experience in communications or public relations preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required, associate’s, bachelor’s or higher degree(s) preferred
- There is an expectation of your presence, on certain occasions, deemed necessary by the bishop. This includes, but is not limited to, the annual synod, events of diocesan and national church significance, and other dedication events.