Come as you are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all its forms. Equal opportunity is deeply rooted in our core value of fairness and we are committed to creating a truly inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. If you are good at what you do, come as you are.
All BMG applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.
BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalog, including the 1992 single “Come As You Are.”
We are hiring! We are looking for a Creative and Streaming Assistant to join our A&R and Streaming team in our Sydney office!
BMG is Australia’s fastest growing music company and is proud to be the first music company in history to be named to the Australian Financial Review’s list of Most Innovative Companies and the of the best places to work in 2022. Come work with an amazing roster of artists including Dope Lemon, Chet Faker, Julia Stone, Peking Duk, Daniel Johns, Ladyhawke, Winston Surfshirt, Dune Rats, CHAII and Hockey Dad.
YOUR MISSION AT BMG:
You’ll join two of the most artist-centric fields in the music industry! By working with the recorded A&R and streaming teams, you will help foster the careers of exciting developing and established artists from Australia and overseas. With no two days the same, you’ll apply your positive attitude through a variety of creative and digital initiatives.
- Assist recorded A&R and streaming teams with daily requests and provide general administrative support
- Liaise with artists and managers on A&R and streaming requests.
- Collaborate with internal departments including marketing, production, sync/licensing, finance and royalties to ensure all customer business needs are met.
- Maintain schedule and playlists of new releases and communicate information to the team
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships and work with team and external parties
- Excellent written and oral communication and attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to work under minimal direction and prioritize workload
- Interest in music, technology and digital trends
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, with basic Photoshop skills
It’s a plus if you also have…
Work experience in the music, technology or digital industries
Founded in 2008, BMG is the first new global player in the recordings industry in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a consistent focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices in 12 major music markets now represent more than 3 million songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters are drawn to its new approach which now includes the production of music, films and books as well as the publishing and recording of music.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include broadcaster RTL Group, specialist book publisher Penguin Random House and magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its cross-platform perspective, integrated technology platform, and commitment to helping artists maximize their revenue, BMG aims to be the best music company to do business with.