- Based at UniSA Business on the City West campus
- Two (2) permanent full-time positions available
- Salary scale: Level D $148,600 – $163,378 per year / Level E $190,486 per year
About the role
UniSA Business is ranked in the top 1% globally by EFMD Global and is one of only 12 institutions in Australia to be EQUIS accredited. Our business program is rated 5 stars for excellence (QS 2022 ranking) and we offer the #4 ranked MBA program in Australia.
As a leading expert in the discipline of tourism, you will design, deliver and coordinate courses for our undergraduate, postgraduate and MBA programs, and develop a collaborative research program that supports the research agenda of UniSA Business School.
You will make an exceptional contribution to all activities of the Business School and play a strategic leadership role in fostering national and international links with universities, accreditation bodies and industry. As a leading authority in the discipline, you will also mentor other members of the academic team and participate in academic committees, groups, and strategic planning forums as appropriate.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s corporate university. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national connections with academic, research and industrial partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens comfortable with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous, and we create new knowledge that is essential to global economic and social prosperity.
UniSA Business prepares students for global careers, creating leaders of change whose skills and knowledge shape business, industry and politics. Our research programs are inspired by the contemporary challenges facing Australia and its region, and we share our expertise in modern business practices with local and global partners.
- Lead course development and use innovative and contemporary teaching methods
- Undertake nationally and internationally recognized research and attract external funding from competitive grant programs
- Provide quality supervision to higher level students through research (HDR)
- Initiate, foster and strengthen national and international links with other universities, industries and accreditation bodies
- Mentor other members of the academic team and contribute to the overall direction of UniSA Business
Essential skills and experience
The level of appointment will depend on qualifications and experience relating to Level D or Level E requirements.
In addition to a PhD, you will demonstrate sustained, high-quality teaching and research experience with disciplinary expertise in tourism. You will have experience working collaboratively with industry and/or government organizations to support research and teaching outcomes.
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Competitive salary negotiated as part of the company agreement
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary conditioning options, including vehicle hire, laptops and parking fees
- Various on-site services available on our campuses, which may include an on-site gym membership
As a university of business, we offer a dynamic and agile work culture that rises to challenges and thrives by forging new paths. Our people are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a dynamic and engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient and influential, and we deliver results.
How to register
For a copy of the job description and to apply, please visit Work at UniSA. The online application form lists the specific selection criteria you must meet.
Please send your cover letter to Jade Windsor, Senior Consultant: Central Recruitment. For further information on the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com using the job reference number. 4075.
Closing of applications: 11:30 p.m. Monday, June 27, 2022
How to register:
Applications must be submitted online, please note that UniSA does not accept applications by email.
- Start your application by clicking on the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already created an account, please log in before starting your application
- If you forgot your login information, click here to reset your password
- Overview of the application form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive corporate culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further assistance contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.