Date posted: June 3, 2022
Location: 16401 NW 37th Ave, Miami, Florida, USA
The primary function of the Assistant Coach is to assist the Head Coach in all program operations including recruiting, retaining and training members of the men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams. The assistant coach is responsible for day-to-day coaching responsibilities and must meet recruitment and retention goals. This position will also assist the Head Coach with travel coordination, competition management, equipment management and fundraising.
The following list of tasks is intended to be representative of the work performed in this position. The omission of a specific task or responsibility will not prevent him from holding the position if the work is similar, related or a logical extension of the responsibilities of the position.
- Recruit, retain and graduate successful student-athletes
- Assist in executing recruitment strategies to achieve University-established recruitment and retention goals
- Collaborate with the Head Coach to ensure academic performance and personal development of student-athletes is consistent with institutional and program goals
- Assist the Head Coach in all operations of managing a successful swimming and diving program
- Demonstrate a high level of intercultural competence and the ability to work with a diverse population
- Maintain a high level of professionalism on and off the pool towards student-athletes, other coaches, parents, administrators and community members
- Adhere to all St. Thomas, Sun Conference, and NAIA rules and regulations
- Attend regular athletic and admissions staff meetings
- Assume additional administrative responsibilities within the athletic department as assigned by the athletic director
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Valid driver’s license required
- First aid certificate and DEA required
- Relevant experience in coaching at the college level, highly appreciated
- Recruitment experience at the college level, highly appreciated
- ASCA level 1 or higher preferred
- US swim coaching experience preferred
- Intercultural competence: ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Able to develop and maintain collaborative relationships, engage in creative problem solving, and provide insightful hospitality when working with others.
- Must understand and value the Catholic educational experience of St. Thomas University students, especially personal/leadership development
- Ability to work early mornings, weekdays, weekends and some evenings
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Have a results-oriented coaching approach
- Ability to lift 45 pounds
How to register
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae and a cover letter to Caesar Asadi ([email protected]).
16401 NW 37th Avenue
Miami, Florida 33054