The City of Claremont is seeking an Assistant Planner to join one of the major planning divisions in California. The City is looking for a highly motivated, creative, enthusiastic and customer service oriented individual to work in current or advanced planning, depending on qualifications.
The Associate Planner will conduct special projects and research as assigned, and prepare reports and recommendations related to the assigned area of responsibility. Incumbents are responsible for medium-difficulty projects and must lead them through to completion. Assistant planners rotate shifts at the public planning desk providing code interpretations and direction to the Claremont constituency.
The Assistant Planner has no supervisory responsibilities, but may provide technical direction to subordinate technical and clerical positions. Working hours are generally Monday to Thursday between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. The Associate Planner may attend evening Commission meetings and other evening/weekend meetings or special events as required.
Education and experience:
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in urban planning or a closely related field and two years of planning experience in current and/or advanced planning, redevelopment and research methods comparable to those in planning assistance. A master’s degree in a related field can count as one year of experience. Possession of a valid California Class C driver’s license and a clean driving record are required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This position offers a very competitive salary with an attractive and competitive benefits package as listed below. The starting salary for this position will be based on the competitive job market and the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
The City of Claremont offers an attractive and competitive benefits package, including:
- 2% COLA from 07/01/2022 and 2% COLA from 07/01/2023
- 2% upon retirement of 55 PERS (classic members), employee pays 7% of salary; 2% at age 62 PERS pension (new member) Employee pays 5.75% of salary
- $1,014 per month for medical compensation, with any remaining monies deposited in the employee’s ICMA deferred compensation account or treated as taxable income
- 96 hours – 160 hours vacation based on years of service
- 115 hours of vacation and floating holidays
- 72 hours of administrative leave
- 96 hours of sick leave per year (can bring up to 200 hours of sick leave from current employer)
- $75,000 life insurance for employee and $10,000 for dependents
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
HOW TO REGISTER:
Interested candidates can apply for this position and obtain additional information at www.ci.clarremont.ca.us. The position is open until filled, apply immediately, with a first review on June 23, 2022.