- Use your financial administration skills to support the InsideOut Institute, a leading national institute for research, translation and clinical excellence in eating disorders
- 12 month full-time fixed-term contract
- A base salary of $89,759 + 17% retirement pension
About the Opportunity
InsideOut is Australia’s national institute for research, translation and clinical excellence in eating disorders. With resources, rigor and perseverance, we aim to transform the landscape for people with eating disorders in this country and ultimately find a cure. In partnership with the Central Clinical School within the Faculty of Medicine and Healthwe are looking for a Administrative Officer (Finance) to support administrative and transactional finance within the team.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- support day-to-day administrative and transactional financial activities, including Unibuy paying invoices, issuing external invoices and liaising with the central finance team for any reporting requirements
- support monthly reports, including account summary, income reports and salary lists
- support project budgets and prepare funding agency budgets
- arrange financial clearance reports for management.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- experience in financial administration and transactional services gained in a large, complex and diverse organization
- experience and literacy in financial management, experience in budget management and control of income and expenditure, data analysis and preparation of reports.
- strong administrative skills, combined with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which constitute our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including the termination of your employment.
As this position is located on a NSW Health site, it is mandatory to complete the mandatory employment checks before commencing in this position. For more information and instructions, please visit: NSW Health Job Requirements
This position is designated as involving work related to children. To undertake or retain this position, you must apply and obtain a Working with Children Check Permission in accordance with Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase the participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documents) can be submitted through the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current University employee or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable accommodation or support in completing this application, please contact Esra Yavuzcehre, Recruiting Operations, via email at .
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Click to view the job description for this role.