1 role available in Alnwick and 1 role available in Blyth. Please indicate on your application form which you would be interested in applying for.
Do you want a challenging and rewarding career with real opportunities to change the lives of people in Northumberland? if you are dynamic, dedicated and enthusiastic, we want to hear from you. Who is CNC?
Renowned worldwide as a tourist destination, Northumberland is also the ideal place to find the perfect work-life balance. What better way to enjoy the scenic landscapes and beautiful coastline than to taste them on a daily basis?
Our vision is: “To make Northumberland a county that you consider a great place to live and where you can access the things you love, while having the opportunity to learn and grow”. Our plan is to focus on:
Live – we want you to feel safe, healthy and cared for
Enjoy – we want you to love where you live
Login – we want you to have access to the things you need
Learn – we want you to reach and fulfill your potential
Growing – we want to attract more and better jobs
Why choose us? Include CNC’s COVID response
We have exceptional benefits to offer you, including:
25 days of annual leave plus public and statutory holidays (increasing to 30 after 5 years of service) (pro-rated for part-time employees) Automatic membership in the local government pension scheme
· Flexible scheme applicable to most roles
· Local government discount programs available to all employees with offers at local businesses as well as various national brands
A commitment to work-life balance providing flexibility through various programs including job sharing, work from home, flexible work, part-year work and compressed hours
Car leasing program
Please visit: https://www.northumberland.gov.uk/About/Working-for-Northumberland-County-Council.aspx for more information on our benefits.
The successful candidate will be based within the District Administrative Teams for Adult Services. They will be managed by an administrative manager and will be part of a team of fellow administrative assistants.
– Following the professional assessment, assist in the brokerage of end-of-life care. establishing care packages by ordering services from various providers, completing necessary paperwork, updating and advancing service information, and processing service provider and service user inquiries.
– To communicate potentially complicated and complex information from providers to staff.
– Organize, prepare and attend meetings and case conferences, taking
appropriate minutes and undertake any necessary follow-up. These would typically be meetings regarding adult protection investigations with distressing and emotional content.
– Ensure that the Master Service User Information (SWIFT) database is accurate, completing documentation (both hard copy and computer) that is detailed and specific in order to maintain records and information specific budgets.
– Carry out a computer entry providing updated information on the users of the service, if necessary, for example the update of the SWIFT contact notes.
– Propose administrative changes to improve the team’s workflow.
– Participate in working groups relevant to the area of work.
– Be responsible for maintaining and ordering stationery, office equipment, etc. as needed.
– Be responsible for petty cash where applicable, receive valuables from service users on behalf of the team.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties relevant to the grade of the post.
“The ability to converse fluently with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the position.”
RSA IIl Typing / NVQ 3 or equivalent qualification
· Good level of education.
To apply, click on the Apply now link below.